- Brief Annotation:
The center works in collaboration with the Rwandan Cycling Federation (FERWACY) and the Ministry of Sport and Culture (MINISPOC).
In 2014, His Excellence President Rwanda Paul Kagame offered the center to the Cycling Federation which worked closely with Jonathan Boyer from United States to set up the program of hosting Rwandan and African cyclists.
In its 4 years now the center has not only trained Rwandan cyclists but also different nations across Africa, like Ethiopia, Botswana, Kenya, Burundi, Nigeria, Zambia, Burkina Faso AND the center has also hosted professional teams like Direct Energie from France and Team Norvodisk from the United States.
In 2018, UCI President David lappartient visited the center and mentioned that there is no doubt that the center can become a UCI satellite center for Africa.
- Our mission has been not only to detect, recruit and train Rwandan athletes that can compete on a professional level worldwide, but also to produce generations of coaches, mechanics, nutritionists, by modeling the necessary infrastructure of running a first-world cycling program.
- It’s also mission of the center to make Rwanda a cycling tourism destination, through creating scenic trails and offering rides to those who are not on the pro-level but are cyclist enthusiasts.
- To detect as many talents as possible on the African continent
- To educate all disciplines relating to the cycling sport (Coaches, Mechanics, and Soigneurs etc.)
- To raise the level of competition in Africa to compete on the worldwide stage as a means to illustrate excellence in the cycling sport to the world.
- To make Rwanda and the region a cycling tourism destination.