ENTRY: NYANGE SECTOR
DISTANCE: 25 KM
ROAD SURFACE: 99% DIRT
RIDER LEVEL: EASY -INTERMEDIATE
For those out looking for a fun and easy ride, Looping around the Kinigi area, is the best trail to experience local villages, see agricultural plantations, cross the wonder Rwebeya River that runs all the water down from the mountains. Has some small level of technical as it has some various single tracks.
This trail can be seen as a subset of the ARCC championship.
This Trail is mainly a family friendly loop. This ride can be your favorite with locals as there are a few sneaky surprises along the way!
- The best time to ride is from May-February.
- Start at the ARCC entrance and finish at ARCC – travelling in this direction provides more downhill riding and the prevailing wind is more favorable.
Things to see and do
- Visit the Musanze Caves, Ibyiwacu cultural center, Uwinka-Nyange Milk local dairy,
- Best views to see the volcanic mountains
- Experience local food along local centers, diverse botanical features,
Know before you go
What to expect
You will need to be reasonably fit to undertake the full trail.
The beginning and end sections of the trail comprise Easy and Intermediate grade riding. The central section comprises difficult and remote advanced grade riding, with river crossings and bike carrying in places. Riders need to be fit and experienced to do the full trail.
You may meet walkers, other bicycle cyclists and moto bikes on this trail.
This is a shared-use track. : respect others, respect the rules, and respect the track.
Service Providers: Those for the ARCC championship, the first center (Kinigi center)