ENTRY: NYANGE SECTOR
DISTANCE: 35 KM
ELEVATION: 1200 M
ROAD SURFACE: 99% DIRT
RIDER LEVEL: EASY -INTERMEDIATE
Start in Musanze and ride around Lake Ruhondo: It can’t get any better. Enjoy the views of the twin Lakes Ruhondo and Burera, and if you are lucky, you’ll have the serene Volcanoes as a backdrop.
This Trail can be ridden as a training trail or simply as a family friendly ride to enjoy the awesome vegetation before reaching the lakes.
The lakes are part of the basin formed by early volcanic activity, riding this trail will give you a chance to a popular location for fishing, water activities and other recreation along shorelines.
- The best time to ride is from May-February.
- Start at the ARCC entrance and finish at ARCC or one can choose to end the riding at the Ruhondo beach resort and come back to ARCC by car ride – travelling in this direction provides more downhill riding and the prevailing wind is more favorable.
Things to see and do
- Picnic venues, bbq venues, fishing , boat ride
- Best views to see the volcanic lakes
- Experience local food along local centers, diverse botanical features,
Know before you go
What to expect
You will need to be reasonably fit to undertake the full trail.
The beginning and end sections of the trail comprise Easy and Intermediate grade riding. The central section comprises difficult and remote advanced grade riding, with river crossings and bike carrying in places. Riders need to be fit and experienced to do the full trail.
You may meet walkers, other bicycle cyclists and moto bikes on this trail.
This is a shared-use track. : respect others, respect the rules, and respect the track.
Service Providers: 1 potential center was identified, the rest providers can be found at hotels and resorts in the area.
Self-Guided: FRW 30,000
Guided: FRW 50,000
– Water Bottle
– Mechanic support
– Stretching session after Ride
– Mountain Bike